Purple Sweet Potato Soup
How to make without measurements:
- Play with the ratio of sweet potato, cabbage, and cauliflower depending on your preference. The potato and cauliflower will provide the creaminess.
- After steaming, add to your blender and blend while pouring in water until you reach your desired thickness.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, get creative with your seasonings! Add in small amount and taste as you go!
- 1 - 2 medium purple sweet potato, diced
- 1/4 - 1/3 small head purple cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1/4 - 1/2 head cauliflower, broken into pieces
- 1/4 - 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- 1 - 2 tablespoons hemp seed or raw cashews, optional
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- Water as needed
- 1/2 - 1 avocado
- 3-4 tomatillos, roughly chopped
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Additional toppings: fermented sauerkraut, hemp seeds, etc.
Steam as much of the first three ingredients until just fork tender.
Add the steamed vegetables into a high-speed blender with the remaining soup ingredients. Begin blending, streaming in water to help blend. Add water until you reach desired thickness and blend on high until very smooth.
Taste. Add additional salt or lemon if needed.
Add the three ingredients to a food processor and pulse until desired consistency. Briefly pulse for a chunky salsa or process longer for a smoother consistency. Use the cumin to your preference of smokiness. If unsure, start with a small amount and add as you like.
Taste. Add additional cumin for a smokier flavor. Serve the soup with the salsa, sauerkraut, additional hemp seeds, and any other desired toppings or sides.
*For those that don't know, my recipes are made as whole and nutrient-dense as possible, but still incredibly satisfying. I share my recipes without measurements and hope they equip you to not feel confined to a recipe, but rather confident in your kitchen to be able to create something unique, nourishing, and delicious all on your own. So take this recipe as inspiration and enjoy! Head on over to my IG @noelle.parton and tag me if you try this out, or contact me if you have questions or comments.
May you walk into the abundance God has for you,
Get my 10 tips for how to be confident in the kitchen