5-Minute Date-Sweetened Cranberry Sauce
3 things to know when making cranberry sauce without measurements:
- How many cranberries do I start with? The amount of final sauce is about 1/2 the size of the amount of cranberries started with.
- The amount of date paste used is dependent on your sweet or tart preference. I love that tart cranberry so use very minimal, but add small amounts of about 1 tablespoon until just sweet enough. You need less than you think!
- You can adjust how “saucy” or thick the final cranberry sauce will be by adding more water.
- Fresh cranberries, rinsed
- Date paste (find link above)
- Ground cinnamon, as desired
- Ground ginger, as desired
- Fresh vanilla bean, 100% vanilla extract or powder
- Celtic sea salt
Place cranberries in a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend on high, adding water to help blend to desired consistency, leaving chunky or blending until smooth.
Stir in the date paste, cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla. Add the date paste in about 1 tablespoon or spoonful increments until sweet enough to your liking. Start with a capful of vanilla extract or about 1 teaspoon of powder, and as much cinnamon and ginger as desired depending on preference. I love the cinnamon and just keep shaking until it's just how I like.
Taste and continue to stir in more as you like. Finish by stirring in a pinch of salt. Serve as is or warm slightly if desired.
if you desire to prepare the cranberries on the stove top, lightly simmer the cranberries with about an inch of water in the bottom of the pot until they pop and break down.
*For those that don't know, my recipes are made as whole and nutrient-dense as possible, but still incredibly satisfying. I share my recipes without measurements and hope they equip you to not feel confined to a recipe, but rather confident in your kitchen to be able to create something unique, nourishing, and delicious all on your own. So take this recipe as inspiration and enjoy! Head on over to my IG @noelle.parton and tag me if you try this out, or contact me if you have questions or comments.
May you walk into the abundance God has for you,
Get my 10 tips for how to be confident in the kitchen
© 2020 Simply to Thrive. All rights reserved.